Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back in Action

Hay blog buddies! Sorry I have been MIA lately. I was super busy getting ready for my sisters baby shower. I had so many last minute things to make. But now the shower is over and I will be back over the next few days to show you all the great things that I made for the shower.

So lets getting going on today's item. These are the center pieces that I made. Sorry for the bad picture. I was so busy running around the shower that I took this pictures really quick as I was moving on to set something else up.
I had originally planned on making pinwheels for the center pieces. But when I started looking up tutorials online I realized how labor intensive those where going to be. Plus I couldn't find the patterned paper that I was seeing in my head. Don't you hate when that happens?
My sister plans on decorating the nursery in a Classic Mickey Mouse theme. I thought I would be able to find tons of things to go with this theme but it was a lot harder then I thought it was going to be.

Anyway. My friend Fran - Hay Fran! - found a picture of these flowers online and I really liked them. Even better they were cut out using a Cricut! Talk about cutting the labor down! So the center pieces went from pin wheels to these flower pin wheels. At least that's what I call them. I got the buckets they're in from the Target $1 Spot. Love that place. I planned on putting styrofoam in the bottoms of the buckets to stick the flowers in but I had no idea how expensive that stuff was. My Mom came up with a great substitute...rice! Genius!
I love how these came out! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Tin Bucket: Target $1 Spot
Card Stock: Bazzill Basics - Kisses & Daisy
Wooden Doul: 5/8" - Michael's
Pearl Headed Pins - Michael's
Irradesent Beads - Michael's
Cricut Cartridge: Indie Art

No comments:

Post a Comment