Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birthday Martinis

Chello blog buddies! I'm back today with another fun birthday card. I made this card for one of my bosses. He loves martinis so I really wanted to use a cute martini embellie that I have been saving in my stash. I also got break out one of my new Cuttlebug embossing plates.

I have been seeing a ton of cards out there with the ruffled ribbon look so I definitely wanted to try that out. This is my attempt at it at least.

I used Bazzill Basic Kraft as the base. The second layer is just your basic white cardstock. The top layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug Number Collage folder in CTMH - Orange. The martini embellie is from Me & My Big Ideas - Las Vegas. I love that the martini sparkles! The ribbon is from Classic Traditions Satin Ribbon in Yellow. The sentiment is from SU! - Just Celebrate. I distressed around the edges of the sentiment in CTMH - Orange with a sponge daubers.

I really like how this card came out. I tried not to make it to girlie so hopefully I succeeded.

As always thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment