Thursday, November 26, 2009

Flowers & Buttons

Hay there! Happy Thanksgiving! I have a really fun card to share with you today. I made this card for my buddy Diane's birthday. Hi Di, Happy Birthday! I was really happy with how this card came out. Lately it seems that when I make a card that I really love it's really hard for me to give it away. I like this card so much I think I might have to make another one to keep in my stash.


When I started making this card I was wishing a had some kraft card stock. I have been out forever and I haven't had a chance to order some more. But when I was looking around my studio for items to use I found a piece! I was really excited! Right off the bat I knew this was going to come out awesome.


I used Bazzill Basics - Kraft as the base. Then I pulled out my new American Craft Amplified paper pack. (Another great buy from Tuesday Morning!) I used the purple plaidish paper from the pack and framed it on some basic white cardstock. I used SU! Pop Up Dots on all the layers. I then decided that I needed to added some CTMH Hemp to the purple layer. This proved to be a bit difficult since I had already attached all the layers together but I made it work.


I made the flower embellie using my Sizzix - Flower Layer punch. Once I cut out all the layers I crumpled all the layers up then slightly straightened them out. On each layer I used a different color ink that coordinated with the AC paper to distress the edges. (SU! - Wild Wasabi & Groovy Guava, CTMH - Hydrangea) In the center of the smallest flower I added in four dots using my Signo Gel Pen to make the center of the flower. I attached all the layers together with SU! Mini Glue Dots.



To finish the card off I added three PTI Vintage Buttons in Summer Sunrise & Melon Berry. And the sentiment was made with Making Memories Tiny Alphas.


Thanks for stopping by and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment