Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let Them Eat Cupcakes!

Hay blog buddies! I'm back today with another birthday card. I made this card for my friend Alissas daughter Keely's birthday. I feel like that was a tongue twister! Keely turned 6 on the day before Halloween. She had a fun birthday out at the Marina Jack playground.

When I made this card I knew that I wanted to use a fun feltie embellie that I got from our local scarpbooking store K2. K2 is such a great store, it was just taken over by some new owners and I still haven't gotten a chance to stop by and meet them. I need to make that a priority. One day I guess.
Now on to the dets of the card. The base of the card is SU! Purely Pomegranate. (I used some more of the retired SU! cardstock that I have been hoarding...just another reason why I tried to by some more of it on EBay.) The polka dot background image is from the Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. and it was embossed in CTMH clear. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday line. The scallop border and the scallop circle are both punches by SU!. And then as stated earlier the cupcake is a Feltie from Sassafras from their Snack Attack pack. The Happy Birthday sentiment (sorry it didn't show up very well in the picture) is a rub on from American Crafts.
That about wraps it up for today's card. Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what ya think.

No comments:

Post a Comment